On January 31, we sent a survey to gauge reader response to A Wretched Man novel. Of course, the survey was limited to those on the email list. Unfortunately, we do not have email addresses for the anonymous folks who have purchased the book through Amazon, Barnes and Noble, bookstores, etc. By necessity, the survey was limited to a select audience whose email addresses were known. Please join the list by clicking the button at the bottom.
The response was overwhelming. Thanks to all of you who participated.
Here are the results:
- The overall reader rating of the novel was 4.3 on a scale of 1 to 5.
- Favorite part was split very evenly, but the humanization of the characters was at the top of the list and geography and setting was at the bottom.
- Did readers like the scene depicting the Damascus road experience? 81% yes, 19% no.
- Did readers like the ending? 96% yes, 4% no.
- Did readers think the book would work well for a group discussion? 97% yes, 3% no.
Some survey participants added comments, but due to sheer volume, they cannot be reprinted here. We have set up a page on the website that includes all of them, uncensored and unedited. Click here to read them.